Historic Black and White Pictures Restored in Color
- Women Delivering Ice, 1918
- Times Square, 1947
- Portrait Used to Design the Penny. President Lincoln Meets General McClellan – Antietam, Maryland ca September 1862
- Marilyn Monroe, 1957
- Newspaper boy Ned Parfett sells copies of the evening paper bearing news of Titanic’s sinking the night before. (April 16, 1912)
- Easter Eggs for Hitler, c 1944-1945
- Sergeant George Camblair practicing with a gas mask in a smokescreen – Fort Belvoir, Virginia, 1942
- Helen Keller meeting Charlie Chaplin in 1919
- Painting WWII Propaganda Posters, Port Washington, New York – 8 July 1942
- Construction of the Golden Gate Bridge ca 1935
This is awesome.
Not something I’d typically reblog but I like.
(To Westboro Baptist Church)
"If you really believe in standing up to those threatening the Christian way of life," Hills said on his UK television program "The Last Leg," "how about putting your money where your mouth is, taking a direct flight to Iraq and picketing the people threatening to behead Christians if they don’t convert?"
Hills then took his suggestion a step further by making a generous offer. “I will personally pay for every member of the Westboro Baptist Church to fly to Iraq right now. I’ll even fly you first class and pay the carbon offset.”
TurboRoo, a chihuahua born without its front legs, was given a 3D printed cart made by San Diego firm 3dyn so he could train to be a service dog for disabled children.
I think we could all use these pics today. Golly!
Send me a ship and I’ll rate it.
A: I love it
B: It’s really cute
C: Not a bad ship
D: I’m neutral on it
E: I don’t really like it
N/A: I don’t know the ship well enough
Bring it, people. Send me all the ships.
do this i am running on four hours sleep and need to crush some dreams
How to draw ‘the other eye’. Because people keep complaining.
The answer? You don’t draw a whole eye first.
You do it part by part, then make adjustments and add details as you please.
If you draw the whole eye first you’ll just stress over making the other eye as similar as possible. This way it’s also easier to adjust and correct.
Aside from that last step with the ‘transform’ tool, this also applies for traditional art.
Hope this helps!
THE WORLD MUST KNOW
an ancient and terrible curse.
Oglaf makes my fucking life better.
The Iron Throne as described in the novels, officially endorsed by GRRM on his blog as the most accurate artistic representation thus far. By artist Marc Simonetti.
What the fuck that isn’t safe
No, it’s not. The histories talk about how the throne is cruel to unworthy kings. Jaime would talk about how Aerys Targaryen would constantly be covered in scabs from sitting on the throne carelessly.
'No man should sit comfortably upon the throne'
It is meant to be an ugly, monstrous beauty. And several times during the books Joffrey cuts himself on throne.
- 1) List the Beta kids in order from favourite to least favourite.
- 2) List the Alpha kids in order from favourite to least favourite.
- 3) List the Beta trolls in order from favourite to least favourite.
- 4) List the Alpha trolls in order from favourite to least favourite.
- 5) Favourite Exile?
- 6) Favourite Midnight Crew member?
- 7) Favourite Ancestor?
- 8) Favourite <> pairing?
- 9) Favourite <3 pairing?
- 10) Favourite o8< pairing?
- 11) Favourite <3< pairing?
- 12) Favourite lusus?
- 13) Favourite: Karkat, Kankri, or The Signless/Sufferer?
- 14) Favourite: Aradia, Damara, or The Handmaid?
- 15) Favourite: Tavros, Rufioh, or The Summoner?
- 16) Favourite: Sollux, Mituna, or The Ψiioniic?
- 17) Favourite: Nepeta, Meulin, or The Disciple?
- 18) Favourite: Kanaya, Porrim, or The Dolorosa?
- 19) Favourite: Terezi, Latula, or Neophyte Redglare?
- 20) Favourite: Vriska, Aranea, or Marquise Spinneret Mindfang?
- 21) Favourite: Equius, Horuss, or E%ecutioner Darkleer?
- 22) Favourite: Gamzee, Kurloz, or The Grand Highblood?
- 23) Favourite: Eridan, Cronus, or Orphaner Dualscar?
- 24) Favourite: Feferi, Meenah, or Her Imperious Condescension?
- 25) Your blood colour (if you were a troll)?
- 26) Your title and aspect?
- 27) Your land?
- 28) Your consorts?
- 29) Your Handle?
- 30) Your lusus?
- 31) Your Specibi?
- 32) Which canon characters would be your matesprit, moirail, kismesis, austipice?
- 33) Do you have a matesprit/moirail/kismesis/austipice (living person)?
- 34) Favourite panel?
- 35) Calliope or Caliborn?